mHealth App For Coordinated Care Saves 300-bed Hospital $720,000 in Observation Unit
Improving the speed of care for patients
The best result for a patient being observed is treatment and release in less than 24 hours. To achieve this, observation physicians, consultants, nurse practitioners and nurses must quickly share key clinical information (EKGs, troponin levels, etc.) and diagnose, treat and arrange for patient discharges in real-time.
Treating physicians describe Practice Unite as an “integral part” of successful observation outcomes. Gone are delays associated with pagers and answering services, replaced by rapid diagnoses leading to discharge or hospital admission. Treating physicians report that the advantages of coordinated communication continue after discharge because clinical findings and recommendations are easily shared with primary care physicians through the app.
The benefits of Practice Unite in the Observation Unit are as follows:
- Saved the hospital over $720,000 in the first year
- 20% reduction in Observation Unit stays greater than 24 hours
- Reduces patient time in Observation Unit by six (6) hours/NP/24 hrs.
- Reduced inpatient care delays by 1.25 hours/physician/24 hrs.
- Facilitates 20 discharge communications with primary care physicians/treating physician/day
- Case Study
- Clinician Impact
- Connecting Home Healthcare
- Driving ROI with Secure Texting
- HIPAA Compliance
- HIPAA Secure Texting
- How To
- How To's
- Media Coverage
- mHealth ROI
- Predictive Analytics
- Predictive Analytics ROI
- Product Feature
- The Value of Secure Communication Platforms
- White Paper