The Uniphy Care Platform is designed to meet the highest standards in HIPAA compliance
- Texts and consults are secured within the app, sent and received using 256-bit encryption.
- Encrypted messages transmitted via cellular data networks to secure hosting environment.
- Double-authentication required to utilize app.
- Authentication key is controlled by your admin.
- App locks-out and requires login after long period of non-use.
- All messages erased after 24 hours. Messages older than 48 hours can only be retrieved after request and admin approval.
- Admin can remote wipe a user's app remotely.
- PHI does not appear on screen notifications.
- Messages archived for as long as requested (extra storage charges may apply). Archive is securely managed to comply with HIPAA requirements in audited data center.
- Audit logs of messages, consults, receipts, administrator actions, data transfers and custody.
- Continuous vulnerability monitoring. Access requires two-factor authentication. Application and database are isolated.
- Clear policies on user responsibilities, and warning if/when a user may risk a HIPAA violation.